Party info at bottom
The tournament will be one day long.
Date: Sunday, Dec 4th.
Top 4 teams in each division will have a bye.
There will be an ‘A’ Division tourney and a ‘B’ Division tourney (no crossover games).
– due weather possibilities we want to start as close to on time as possible.
– if a captain or team representative is not present at the captains meeting, that team will be assessed one point at that time and one additional point every 5 minutes there after off their first game
– captains meeting for the first round teams is at 8:45am
– first game at 9am
– captains meeting for the rest of the teams is at 10:15am
– second round starts at 10:30am
– Games are to 11, win by 2 to a point cap of 13 (10-10 puts you into the cap)
– The Finals (regular and beer bracket) are to 13, win by 2 to a point cap of 15 (12-12 puts you into the cap)
– Games will be 1 hour and 15 minutes long. After 1 hour, the soft cap will come on. This means you finish the point you are playing and play to a score of two points more than the highest score. If you are between points when the cap comes on, you play that point and then add two.
2. After 1 hour and 10 minutes, a hard cap will be in affect. This means you finish the point you are playing and whoever is ahead, wins. If you are between points and the score is within 2 points, you play that point (and one more if the score become tied as a result of that point).
– point cap trumps time cap. If the soft cap comes on when the score is 12-11 and the team ahead scores making it 13-11, the team with 13 wins.
– 1 time out per half, plus a floater. No time outs in the point [10-10 (12-12 in the finals)] or time caps.
– Only players on your roster may play on your team.
– If you are caught playing with players not on your roster, your team will forfeit that game
– The bracket will be set up for all teams to play out all games
– Party to follow at Rusty’s Surf Ranch on the Santa Monica Pier. It’s all open to all ages, so everyone can join us, even if you’re under 21.
There will be an open bar, until the tab runs out.
You will need a credit card to run a tab to order food, which you can do at a discount of 15%.
Food orders will be delivered to the table they originally ordered from.
Beverages will be delivered to the table where they are ordered.
After the tab runs out, you can order Bud and Miller Lite at a discount of 15%.