Rules: UPA 11th edition are in effect, with the following additions/modifications:
– No footblocks. A footblock is a foul. An attempted footblock is a violation, and the count goes back 2.
– Default on lights is game over when there’s one bank of lights left. But captains may decide IN ADVANCE to continue playing under one bank. Remember, we pay for only two banks of lights.
– One timeout per half plus one floater, no timeouts during overtime. Overtime occurs when the score is 14-14 or higher in Co-ed and 16-16 or higher in Men’s.
– You may substitute up to 2 players during a timeout.
– For Co-Ed Division, play is 4/3 or 3/4 offense chooses. If you bring fewer than 4 women, you must play 6 players if the other team chooses 3/4.
- If you have only three men, you may play four women on defense if the offense chooses 4m/3f. Similarly, you may use a woman in place of a man on defense for any number of men you like. You could in theory go 0m/7f on defense against 4m/3f.
- Injury substitutions: You may substitute a woman for an injured man, but you may not substitute a man for an injured woman. The opposing team, whether on offense OR defense, is not required to match the gender ratio mid-point.
- For time-out substitions, you may not change the gender ratio mid-point. Men can only be substited for men. Women for women.
For Co-ed Division – Games to 15, win by 2, cap at 18. Mirror half at 8.
For Men’s Division – Games to 17, win by 2, cap at 20. Mirror half at 9.