St. Pat’s Hat 2012Mar 12th, 2012 | By AndyBandit | Category: St. Pat's Hat, Tournaments
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE WAITING LIST
LAOUT is proud to be continuing the St. Pat’s Hat tradition started by Mo in 1995. St. Pat’s is a coed hat tournament (each player signs up as an individual and is assigned to a team for the weekend). You must pre-register and pre-pay in order to play.
Saturday & Sunday March 24 & 25, 2012. Games begin at 9:00 am Saturday. Please arrive NO LATER THAN 8:00 to get your JERSEY, meet your teammates, and warm up. There will be a players’ meeting at 9:00.
Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Memorial Park
14201 Huston St.
Van Nuys, CA 91423
Registration is currently close, but you can sign up for the waiting list. Please click the link at the bottom to register. If you have further questions regarding signup, please contact Andy at email@example.com
The cost is dropping back to $35 per player, because I’m not going through 5 Ultimate to get jerseys. This year I’m returning to cotton jerseys in multiple shades of green. Old school. You can Paypal me or send a check made out to LAOUT (not made out to me) to the following address:
11280 Huston St. #8
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Hopefully I’ll have discs for purchase. Don’t count on that though.
15 coed teams. Format will be based on the number of women who sign up.
Specific schedule and field layout to be determined. Please arrive no later than 8:00am Saturday morning to collect your shirt.
UPA 11th edition are in effect, with the following additions/modifications:
1. Footblocks are illegal, because I hate them.
2. Games to 13. Mirror half at 7. Win by 2. Cap at 16.
3. Soft Cap. Signaled by one horn. Play to the highest score +2.
4. Hard cap. Signaled by two horns ten minutes later. Play to the highest score +1. Note: this is NOT the USAU rules. The winning team must score the final point to win.
5. One timeout per half plus one floater, no timeouts during overtime. Overtime begins at 12-12. Time outs are 90 seconds.
6. The fields will probably be short, so the brick will be 15 yards instead of the usual 20.
7. There is no rule 7. 7 is an unlucky number in some Asian cultures.
8. You may substitute up to two players during a time-out.
9. Last year’s zone rules are back in effect. Each team may play 2 zone points per game and no more. So use them wisely.
SPECIAL HAT RULES:
After playing Hats, Hops and Hucks, I’ve decided I really like some of their hat rules.
1. Your hat should be creative, or anything other than a baseball cap. Baseball caps are not hats. Unless you get creative with your baseball cap.
2. Hat D’s are allowed. But you know, be careful. Don’t throw your hat at someone’s head.
3. You are not an offensive player without your hat on your head. If your hat falls off, you are now just really tall grass. You can still get a D without your hat on, but make sure not to catch your D’s unless your hat is on your head, or else it’s an instant turnover.
4. Sideline D’s will be allowed during finals on any team that leads by 3 points or more.
Field food and water (bring your own bottles) will be provided on Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks to DTW we will be having an accuracy contest available during your bye rounds. Report your scores to frisbee central to be eligible for a sweet prize.
Party is at the Draft Bar & Grill in Studio City.
12430 Riverside Drive, Studio City, 91607
Plan for the party to start at 6:30pm Saturday night after the tournament.
Full refund will be given to anyone who cancels their registration on or prior to Februrary 24th. No refund will be given after that.
RESULTS OF THE CELEBRITY CRUSH:
In case you were wondering. Top 3 women based on your responses were Kate Beckinsale, Mila Kunis and Scarlet Johansson. Top 3 men were Ryan Gosling and a 3-way tie for 2nd between Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor and Timothy Olyphant
Contact Andy at firstname.lastname@example.org