St Pat’s Hat 2015Mar 1st, 2015 | By AndyBandit | Category: St. Pat's Hat, Tournaments
Jersey Made By:
LAOUT is proud to be continuing the St. Pat’s Hat tradition started by Mo in 1995. St. Pat’s is a coed hat tournament (each player signs up as an individual and is assigned to a team for the weekend). You must pre-register, pre-pay and bring your Irish cheer in order to play.
To help spread the fun of Ultimate with old and new friends. This year LA newest Pro-league Ultimate team, The Los Angeles Aviators, will be Co-coordinating the event and they will have merchandise for sale to help raise funds for the team and organization. I know for many in the Los Angeles Ultimate community having a pro-team is a huge dream that has been made into a reality and let us keep it thriving.
Saturday & Sunday March 21 & 22, 2015.
Registration from 9:00-9:30am. Games start at 10am and run until 5pm.
VAN NUYS/SHERMAN OAKS MEMORIAL PARK
14201 Huston St.
Van Nuys CA 91423
$45 per player. This includes a Jersey, disc and a Party you won’t want to miss.
12 coed teams. 4 men 3 women.
Specific Schedule and field layout will be uploaded soon. Games are scheduled to start at 10am on Saturday. Please arrive no later than 9:15am to meet your team and get your hucks ready.
UPA 11th edition are in effect, with the following additions/modifications:
1. Footblocks are totally legal, except when marking Andy Bandit.
2. Games to 11. Mirror half at 6. Win by 2. Cap at 15.
3. Soft Cap. Signaled by one horn. Finish current point then play to the highest score +2.
4. Rule 4 is reserved for the clover.
5. Hard cap. Signaled by two horns ten minutes later. Finish current point then only continue playing if the score is tied.
6. One timeout per half plus one floater, no timeouts during overtime. Overtime begins at 10-10. Time outs are 90 seconds.
7. The fields should be regulation size, so a brick is 20 yards.
8. You may substitute up to two players during a time-out.
Field water (bring your own bottles) will be provided on Saturday and Sunday. There will be gatorade and snack available for purchase to raise funds for the LA Aviators.
We will be having an accuracy contest available during your bye rounds. Report your scores to frisbee central to be eligible for a sweet prize.
This year’s ‘Irish’ festivities will be thrown down at Ireland’s 32 (Very close to the fields at 13721 Burbank Blvd Van Nuys, CA 91401) and will kick into high gear at 5:30pm Saturday Night. We’ll be giving out drink tickets at the door and we’re gonna party like it’s St Patrick’s second coming (at least until 9:30, when all our coupons expire!). Everyone will get 2 drink coupons (good for a bottled beer, well drink, a Guinness or shot of fireball!) and there will be many opportunities to earn more by finding Spike. Since Ireland’s 32 is a bar, the party is 21+.
Full refund will be given to anyone who cancels their registration on or prior to February 19th. No refund will be given after that.
Contact Sherry at email@example.com