This league has been suspended due to COVID-19. You can register for the waitlist to receive updates on rescheduling.
This League will
- provide more of our community with a chance to play ultimate;
- allow you the chance to play grass and/or beach in the spring; and
- give you a chance to see and play with the entire league every week
- DATES:This is a 5 week league that will run on Tuesdays at Rancho Cienega from 8-10pm, starting on 3/17 and ending on 4/14. The draft for this league will be the week of 3/9, pending availability.
- FORMAT:This will be a 3v3, single gender, mini league. We’re aiming for 5 teams per division, with each team playing every other team, round robin style (4 games, 1 bye), each week. This will be a draft league, with teams of 9 people each. Rules are as follows:
- Game to 7 with a 20 minute time cap.
- Subs between points.
- Stall to 6.
- Make it, take it, with a defensive check after a score from the point of the endzone line nearest where the goal was scored. Only one pull to start the game.
- No timeouts, and no halftime.
- No tournament, the league winner will be decided by overall record.
- WHO:Everyone who registers for the league will be placed on a team! There is no baggage in this league, but all games for both gender divisions are at the same time and place so carpooling with your friends is still encouraged. This will also run alongside (literally) our new beginner league if you have friends playing in that as well.
- COST: $40Please note that if you are new to ultimate, please use the coupon code STRONGWOMAN or STRONGMAN before you checkout for a special discount on your first event and Basic or A-list Membership; if you decide you’d like to purchase an upgraded membership down the line, just let us know and we’ll help you out.
- EVENT SCHOLARSHIPSWant to play in a league but can’t pay full price? LAOUT will sponsor individual athletes for whom the cost of any given LAOUT League would prohibit them from playing. You can apply by simply filling out this form. This will be as confidential a process as possible and we are genuinely hopeful that no one in our community who wants to play will be prevented from doing so due to cost.
March 5, 2020 at 3:38 pm
Is there an option for us to opt out of getting the jersey? I personally never wear it outside of that specific league, and think it’s pretty wasteful to get one for every other league I play in LA. The shirt does not add any more draw for me to participate in the league. If there could be an option for no shirt with a discount, that would be a way more enticing deal.
March 5, 2020 at 3:51 pm
Please allow this option. If captains can coordinate colors via email.
In general can we add this as a option for all leagues? I think prices of registration is too high to accommodate mandatory jersey, especially when they are distributed after half the league has passed.
March 5, 2020 at 3:45 pm
I second Maggie’s inquiry! I have a drawer overflowing with jerseys and definitely don’t need any more.
March 5, 2020 at 4:00 pm
I agree with Maggie. Please allow us to forgo the jerseys and replace them with more drink tickets.
March 5, 2020 at 5:09 pm
Please allow this option! I always end up cutting the jerseys into tasteless sleeveless crop tops and losing them at the tournament parties 🙁
March 6, 2020 at 3:02 pm
Hey everyone! Not to worry, we will not be doing jerseys for Mini League.