This league has been suspended due to COVID-19. You can register for the waitlist to receive updates on rescheduling.
This League will
- provide more of our community with a chance to play ultimate;
- allow you the chance to play grass and/or beach in the spring; and
- give you a chance to see and play with the entire league every week
- DATES:This is a 5 week league that will run on Tuesdays at Rancho Cienega from 8-10pm, starting on 3/17 and ending on 4/14. The draft for this league will be the week of 3/9, pending availability.
- FORMAT:This will be a 3v3, single gender, mini league. We’re aiming for 5 teams per division, with each team playing every other team, round robin style (4 games, 1 bye), each week. This will be a draft league, with teams of 9 people each. Rules are as follows:
- Game to 7 with a 20 minute time cap.
- Subs between points.
- Stall to 6.
- Make it, take it, with a defensive check after a score from the point of the endzone line nearest where the goal was scored. Only one pull to start the game.
- No timeouts, and no halftime.
- No tournament, the league winner will be decided by overall record.
- WHO:Everyone who registers for the league will be placed on a team! There is no baggage in this league, but all games for both gender divisions are at the same time and place so carpooling with your friends is still encouraged. This will also run alongside (literally) our new beginner league if you have friends playing in that as well.
- COST: $40Please note that if you are new to ultimate, please use the coupon code STRONGWOMAN or STRONGMAN before you checkout for a special discount on your first event and Basic or A-list Membership; if you decide you’d like to purchase an upgraded membership down the line, just let us know and we’ll help you out.
- EVENT SCHOLARSHIPSWant to play in a league but can’t pay full price? LAOUT will sponsor individual athletes for whom the cost of any given LAOUT League would prohibit them from playing. You can apply by simply filling out this form. This will be as confidential a process as possible and we are genuinely hopeful that no one in our community who wants to play will be prevented from doing so due to cost.