Thanks to everyone that joined our latest Return to Play community meeting on May 5th! Here are some big-ticket notes that came from said meeting:
- LAOUT has intent to return to play with Fall Beach League
- Unfortunately due to field availability and case positivity – Summer league will not be happening this year
- However! LAOUT is working to get fields as early as July to provide clinics/pick up to help re-introduce ultimate back into our daily lives.
Below are some of your fellow community members’ comments/concerns/general thoughts that came up during the meeting. We love hearing from everyone during these meetings and like to share what was said, so please take a moment to read below:
- LAOUT is considering having another vaccination survey to determine how many members of our community have been vaccinated
- Members ranged from interested to not interested in this survey – those intrigued noted that they would feel safer knowing the percentage of vaccinated individuals whom they were playing against
- Those more disinterested felt either masks mitigated any risk or felt since LA was entering the yellow tier, masks and the survey weren’t as necessary
- Members were interested in the July/Aug field space and what that would look like
- Potential clinics and drills to reintroduce our bodies to the game
- Smaller games such as mini
- Pickups that are LA neighborhood specific?
- Rule Modifications such as 6ft mark distance or someone stalling for you
- Makes defense difficult
- Could captains discuss beforehand about rule modifications based on if teams are vaccinated or not
- Some want a normal summer and no modifications
- Masks are a good middle ground to start
And here are some additional notes taken during the breakout room discussions.