We are back with LAOUT’s 25th Annual St. Pat’s Hat Tournament! The St. Pat’s Hat tradition was started by Mo way back in 1995. St. Pat’s is a 2 day coed hat tournament (each player signs up as an individual and is assigned to a team for the weekend). You must pre-register, pre-pay and bring your Irish cheer in order to play.
To help spread the fun of Ultimate with old and new friends. And to celebrate a LAOUT institution older than even Summer League!
Saturday & Sunday March 16th & 17th, 2019. Registration from 8:30-9:00am on Saturday. Games start at 9:30am and run until 4:30pm on Saturday. Games are expected to start at 10am on Sunday.
Hjelte Sports Center at 16200 Burbank Blvd, Encino, CA 91436
*MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT – Players must be 14 years or older to play.
Most important! Don’t forget your most creative hats!!!
- Footblocks are totally legal, except when marking Andy Bandit.
- Games to 13. Mirror half at 7. Win by 2. Cap at 15.
- Soft Cap. Signaled by one horn. Finish current point then play to the highest score +2.
- Hard cap. Signaled by two horns ten minutes later. Finish current point then only continue playing if the score is tied.
- One timeout per half plus one floater, no timeouts during overtime. Overtime begins at 10-10. Time outs are 90 seconds.
- The fields should be regulation size, so a brick is 20 yards.
- You may substitute up to two players during a time-out.
- SPECIAL HAT RULE 1: You are not an offensive player without your hat on your head. If your hat falls off, you are now just a very tall blade of grass. You can still get a D without your hat on, but make sure not to catch your D’s unless your hat is on your head, or else it’s an instant turnover.
Make sure to bring your most creative hats!!! You are welcome to wear a simple baseball hat but that is LAME so step up your game!
We will be having an accuracy contest available during your bye rounds. Report your scores to frisbee central to be eligible for a sweet prize.
Pick up drink and food tickets at the door.
Full refund will be given to anyone who cancels their registration on or prior to February 22nd, 2019. No refund will be given after that.
After March 7th, you can only sign up for the waitlist and wait for a spot to open up for you. We will inform you if we can accommodate you, but we cannot guarantee a shirt for you (meaning 90% you won’t get one). There will be an extra $5 fee if you sign up and get accepted after March 7th. You can come day of and we can try to get you on a team, but again no guarantees and the extra $5 will be in effect.