Winter League is back, and it’s looking clearer than ever that LA has some of the best Ultimate. Join us for our first flagship league of the season. This league features 6v6 play in our traditional bring-your-own-team style. Two divisions, one game per week, culminating in a tournament on March 26th!
NEW TO ULTIMATE?
If you are new to Ultimate, please use the coupon code STRONGWOMAN or STRONGMAN before you checkout for a special discount on your first event and a Basic or A-list Membership.
- Women identifying or matching players who are new to ultimate — or it’s your first time playing in a LAOUT League — can receive 50% off using the coupon code STRONGWOMEN.
- Men identifying or matching players who are new to ultimate — or it’s your first time playing in a LAOUT League — can receive 10% off using the coupon code STRONGMAN.
- There will be no dynamic scheduling. Schedules will be set ahead of opening night and teams will play within their preferred divisions.
- There will be no crossover games; this is contingent on the number of teams that sign up for the league and may be subject to some adjustment.
- Games will be once a week on evenings Tuesday through Thursday with a majority of games being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Locations are still being determined but sites in the San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, and West LA are confirmed.
GENDER RATIO: This league will be an even-gendered 6v6 mixed league. All points will be played with 3/3 gender matching ratio.
- $75 on or before 1/25/2022
- $68 for A-List Members on or before 1/25/2022
- $0 for Star and Legend Members before 1/25/2022
- There is a $10 late fee for registration after 1/25/2022
- All teams must have captains of both genders
- Team Registration Ends 1/7/2022
- There is a suggested team cap of 18 players for each team with a suggested gender balance within 2 (8F/10M or 10F/8M being the largest imbalanced team that is within our recommendation. Teams may go beyond that though).
- Players must be registered and paid in order to be eligible to play
- Players must participate in at least 2 regular season games to be eligible for the tournament
- Players must be registered and paid by 11:59 pm on Feb 12 to be eligible for the tournament
Waivers: Waivers maybe required with the ever changing COVID severity. If they are required, they will need to be filled out through Ultimate Central at least 24 hours in advance of gameplay. This would be a requirement to ensure everyone has signed all required waivers for the city/county and LAOUT, and so that we have accurate contact tracing in place should someone report they have contracted COVID-19.
COVID Vaccination: COVID Vaccines ARE REQUIRED for Winter League 2022 and for all future leagues. All players will be required to upload a photo of their vaccination card into Ultimate Central during registration as proof of vaccination. Our number one priority for LAOUT members is safety so we hope that this revised policy creates a safe environment for all players to have some fun as we get back into our regular league schedule.
We are also recommending that everyone receives their booster shot prior to the first week of games.
COVID Restrictions are subject to change and will be updated with the changing seasons and severity of COVID in the LA area. Please respect the potential decisions that are made by the LD and the LAOUT Board as safety of our members is the number one priority!
SUB POOL: In an effort to keep games fun and competitive, we will be running a sub pool for our LAOUT Members.
January 12, 2022 at 8:09 pm
Hey I’m Luke! I’m not sure if this the right place to post, but I’m interested in joining a team if somebody needs an extra sub or even just another body to practice with. I’ve played pickup for a couple years, and I’d really like to play club at some point. If you have any questions or pointers I’ll be checking this post regularly. Thanks!
January 19, 2022 at 12:04 am
What if you don’t know how to play? (Female
January 20, 2022 at 6:06 pm
I’ve played ultimate regularly for ten plus years now, including college, but I have only done a few hat tournaments and one league (we did win the league though!). If you’re looking for one dude to join your team please let me know! Chris.email@example.com
January 20, 2022 at 6:24 pm
Hey everyone, My name is Khristian Dec. I played ultimate in college in Tampa, FL and just want to get involved with the sport out here but don’t have a team or know anyone out here. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on instagram @khristiandec
January 20, 2022 at 7:07 pm
Hey, I’m Bob and I just moved here from Dallas, looking to join a team or even just some pickup or practice games out there. Played pickup for last 8 years or so and was on a league team in Dallas last spring, just trying to get into the ultimate community out here. Email me email@example.com
January 21, 2022 at 9:22 am
Hi everyone! I’ve played the last few years, winter league on Kapow! and in a few summer leagues. If anyone needs another guy on their team, I’d be excited to join. I’m comfortable as either a handler or cutter. Reach out to me: firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks!
January 21, 2022 at 9:58 am
Newer to area and looking to play on a LAOUT team. Live in Pasadena. 57 yrs old, 40+ years of ultimate. Will bring drinks. 🙂