Rules: UPA 11th edition are in effect, with the following additions/modifications:
– No footblocks. A footblock is a foul. An attempted footblock is a violation, and the count goes back 2.
– Default on lights is game over when there’s one bank of lights left. But captains may decide IN ADVANCE to continue playing under one bank (although you really shouldn’t, cause it’s unsafe). Remember, we pay for only two banks of lights.
– One timeout per half plus one floater, no timeouts during overtime. Overtime occurs when the score is 14-14 or higher.
– You may substitute up to 2 players during a timeout.
– For Co-Ed Division, play is 4/3. If you bring fewer than 3 women, you cannot replace a woman with a man. You must play down a player. So if you bring 1 woman for example, you would play down two players. (I’m going to call this the Spike Rule.)
- If you have only three men, you may play four women.
- Injury substitutions: You may substitute a woman for an injured man, but you may not substitute a man for an injured woman. The opposing team, whether on offense OR defense, is not required to match the gender ratio mid-point.
- For time-out substitions, you may not change the gender ratio mid-point. Men can only be substited for men. Women for women.
All games are to 15, win by 2, cap at 18. Mirror half at 8.