Winter League is back, and it’s looking clearer than ever that LA has some of the best Ultimate. Join us for our first flagship league of the season. This year, the league features 6v6 play in two different divisions: a mixed 3/3 bring-your own team division and an open hat division. Both will culminate with a tournament at the beginning of April.
NEW TO ULTIMATE?
If you are new to Ultimate, please use the coupon code STRONGWOMAN, STRONGPERSON, or STRONGMAN before you checkout for a special discount on your first event and a Basic or A-list Membership.
- Women identifying or matching players who are new to ultimate — or it’s your first time playing in a LAOUT League — can receive 50% off using the coupon code STRONGWOMAN.
- Gender neutral identifying players who are new to ultimate — or it’s your first time playing in a LAOUT League — can receive 50% off using the coupon code STRONGPERSON
- Men identifying or matching players who are new to ultimate — or it’s your first time playing in a LAOUT League — can receive 10% off using the coupon code STRONGMAN.
For any player with a financial barrier, please email us and we’ll be happy to get you playing through our financial assistance fund.
- There will be no dynamic scheduling. Schedules will be set ahead of opening night and teams will play within their preferred divisions.
- There will be no crossover games; this is contingent on the number of teams that sign up for the league and may be subject to some adjustment.
- Games will be once a week on evenings Tuesday through Thursday with a majority of games being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Locations are still being determined but sites in the San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, and West LA are confirmed.
- Open Division will be played at Robinson Park on Mondays in Pasadena, starting on 1/23
GENDER RATIO: The mixed division will be an even-gendered 6v6 mixed league. All points will be played with 3/3 gender matching ratio. The open division will not have an enforced gender ratio.
- $90 on or before 1/25/2022
- $83 for A-List Members on or before 1/25/2022
- $60 for Open Division if already signed up and paid for Mixed Division
- $0 for Star and Legend Members before 1/25/2022
- There is a $10 late fee for registration after 1/25/2022
- All mixed division teams must have captains of both genders
- Team Registration Ends 1/7/2022
- There is a suggested team cap of 18 players for each team with a suggested gender balance within 2 (8F/10M or 10F/8M being the largest imbalanced team that is within our recommendation. Teams may go beyond that though).
- Players must be registered and paid in order to be eligible to play
- Players must participate in at least 2 regular season games to be eligible for the tournament
- Players must be registered and paid by 11:59 pm on Feb 12 to be eligible for the tournament
COVID RESTRICTIONS AND VACCINATIONS:
Waivers: Waivers maybe required with the ever changing COVID severity. If they are required, they will need to be filled out through Ultimate Central at least 24 hours in advance of gameplay. This would be a requirement to ensure everyone has signed all required waivers for the city/county and LAOUT, and so that we have accurate contact tracing in place should someone report they have contracted COVID-19.
COVID Vaccination: COVID Vaccines ARE REQUIRED for Winter League 2022 and for all future leagues. All players will be required to upload a photo of their vaccination card into Ultimate Central during registration as proof of vaccination. Our number one priority for LAOUT members is safety so we hope that this revised policy creates a safe environment for all players to have some fun as we get back into our regular league schedule.
We are also recommending that everyone receives their booster shot prior to the first week of games.
COVID Restrictions are subject to change and will be updated with the changing seasons and severity of COVID in the LA area. Please respect the potential decisions that are made by the LD and the LAOUT Board as safety of our members is the number one priority!
SUB POOL: In an effort to keep games fun and competitive, we will be running a sub pool for our LAOUT Members.