Date: Saturday August 20, 2011 (I don’t know why I include 2011. Am I really worried you’ll show up in the wrong year?)
Location: California State Polytechnic University in Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona). Same location as last year.
Start Time: First round begins at 9 am. Second round begins at 11AM. Please be on time. Or I will growl at you. But in a nice cuddly way, because I can’t be angry with you. You’re too cute. Yes, all of you.
CLICK HERE for the final tournament match-ups. Tab 3 is the Co-ed league, and Tab 4 is the Men’s League. Tabs 1 & 2 show the schedule by rounds. This is the schedule for all games, including loser’s brackets if you scroll below the main brackets.
Tournament Map: Click here for a map of the fields. NOT a map of the university.
- Take either the 10 E or the 210 E
- Take the 57 S
- exit at Temple (first exit south of the 10)
- go R off exit, heading west on Temple
- R on University Dr.
- R into parking lots marked Lot K
- Parking & fields on L – can’t miss ‘em
Party: At the Character sports bar. Same place as last year. 276 East 1st Street. It’s about 10-15 minutes drive from the fields. (909) 622-9070
Sadly, if you’re under 21, you can’t go to the party. My apologies for that. I know it sucks. So start working on your fake I.D.
Ending Time: Last round is scheduled to end around 6 pm, so I told the sports bar to expect us between 6 and 6:30.
Pool: We get the pool from 11:30 until the rest of the day. So bring your swim attire for when you have byes. It gets hot out there.
Note: There’s a limit to the amount of people who can be in the pool at any one time. (Cooties. You understand.) I think it’s like 30 or 40. Something like that. I don’t remember it being an issue last year.
Parking: Parking is $3 per car, so I recommend carpooling. (Especially if you can convince one of them to be the D.D. Sucker!!!) There will be yellow ticket booths in the lot that you have to get the parking permit from. They WILL ticket you. And they won’t feel bad about it. They have no soul.
Rules: Mostly the same as the regular season. I’ll have these at the tournament for you.
11th edition rules, unless otherwise noted below.
– Games for both Co-ed and Men’s are to 13. Finals to 15.
– Mirror halves at 7.
– One time out per half plus a floater.
– No time-outs once the soft cap has been reached.
– No time-outs in overtime. Overtime begins at 12-12. 14-14 in finals.
– You may sub up to two players during a time-out.
– Foot blocks are illegal. They’re counted as a foul. Attempted foot blocks are a violation.
– Soft cap means complete the point, then add 2 to the leading total. Still win by 2. (One horn blow for soft cap.)
– Hard cap means complete the point, then add 1 to leading total. Game plays until that point is reached, regardless of how far behind a team is. (Two horn blows for hard cap.)
Questions? Contact me at email@example.com
Complaints? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org