LAOUT is excited to be back with Summer League 2023. This year’s theme is Marvel Universe! Reflecting on last year’s league, we have revamped our policies in hopes to bring a more inclusive and fun league for you all, including after-game socials every week.
Registration Deadline: May 31st 2023
Draft: Friday June 2nd 2023
League Starts: Monday June 5th 2023
Tournament: Saturday August 5th 2023
Potential Field Venues & Nights:
- Mondays @ Sepulveda Basin (turf)
- Mondays @ Robinson Park (turf)
- Tuesdays @ John Ferraro (grass)
- Wednesdays @ Culver City High (turf)
- Thursdays @ Rancho Cienega (turf)
- Thursdays @ Sotomayor Academy (turf)
*Teams generally play one game a week (there may be 1-2 bye weeks); specific nights & venues are not guaranteed*
- The format will be 6 v 6 with the ratio always as 3 FMP and 3 MMP on the field.
- The number of MMP and FMP will be the same in each team.
- MMP can play in the Mixed division in the following ways:
- Baggaging with FMP
- MMP who had to play Men’s for the past two leagues (Winter and last year’s Summer League)
- Lottery: randomly selected from a pool depending on the number of MMP spots available in the Mixed division.
- The format will be 6 v 6.
- We will prioritize having enough players on each team over the number of teams. Enough players will be having ~ 18 players on each team (which equates to about 3 lines)
Full Rules and Regulations can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZnUmCiezns-346QDq8JbVXtBXXi7yxPNxo1x0FiaphM/edit?usp=sharing
LAOUT Links – Be Our League Superhero
LAOUT is excited to announce that every field site where a game is being played this summer will have a LAOUT Link! What’s a Link?! They are your connection to a smooth and fun playing experience, and to a fun after-game social at a nearby bar/restaurant. Links will:
- Show up 30 minutes before game time to ensure gates are unlocked & lights are on or set to turn on
- Set up the fields with cones and a scoreboard so that everyone can focus on warming up and start on time
- Be the official onsite LAOUT rep to handle any unexpected circumstances involving the site or conduct
- Make sure games end on time (5 minutes prior to our time allocation)
- Report scores after games are finished
- Lead the way to the after-game bar/restaurant and get the good times started with a round of beverages
Want to get paid to watch Ultimate this summer and hang out with the community? Or simply show up early for your game and be the life of the party after? Apply today to become a LAOUT Link!
This year’s lottery is changing…
We are improving on the existing lottery system to be more fair and inclusive.
MMP who played Men’s the previous year because they didn’t win the Mixed lottery get one additional entry into this year’s lottery, plus an additional entry per consecutive year they’ve attempted to get in and played Men’s instead. This applies to the past two seasons (2019 and 2022). The scenarios are laid out in the table on the right.
|Played Mixed in 2019?||Played Mixed in 2022?||No. of entries to 2023 lottery|
- Only two people can baggage together
- Captains cannot baggage with another player unless this player is a new player
- Baggage is only for people with children or who are carpooling from the same neighborhood with the following exceptions and limitations:
- Short of living with one another, we strongly recommend avoiding a baggage that results in two round 1 players* being paired together
- FMP can baggage with any MMP; this MMP bypasses the lottery
- You can always email the Commish to clarify if your baggage seems fair or to ask for an exception: email@example.com. It is up to the discretion of the commissioner to make the determination.
*If you self rank yourself as a 7.5+ out of 10 in the LAOUT player landscape, you’re likely a round 1 player.